Its extremely important that you immediately update your Chrysler Vehicle’s UConnect System. Why?
I was driving 70 mph on the edge of downtown St. Louis when the exploit began to take hold.
Though I hadn’t touched the dashboard, the vents in the Jeep Cherokee started blasting cold air at the maximum setting, chilling the sweat on my back through the in-seat climate control system. Next the radio switched to the local hip hop station and began blaring Skee-lo at full volume. I spun the control knob left and hit the power button, to no avail. Then the windshield wipers turned on, and wiper fluid blurred the glass.
How to update your UConnect Chrysler Enabled Vehicle
Now that you know why, lets begin updating your vehicle.
- Head over to this site: https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/
- Enter in your vehicles VIN Number. Located on the Door or Windshield.
- Don’t worry about downloading the downloaded application. Its not important. Just Push the SKIP Button:
- Forget the Download Button and go to this text: After you have installed the Akamai NetSession Interface, click here to go to your available software updates.
- Skip Download Button Yet Again and Click direct Download:
- Insert a 4G+ USB Drive Formatted with FAT into your computer.
- Unzip the MY… File that you downloaded. It is a Zip file.
- Click on the Folder.
- Select all of the files and Drag them over to your USB Drive. Don’t worry about imaging the drive. Just copy and paste over to the USB drive directly.
- Eject the USB Drive.
- Start your Vehicle. (Be Advised this takes 15 – 20 minutes to update. Wait till your home or driving somewhere.)
- Insert the USB Drive into your AUX port. Not just a USB port. The AUX port exactly.
- The vehicle will recognize the USB drive automatically within about 30 seconds.
- Click Next / Start to begin.